So if you read this blog, you either have stress and anxiety or no someone who does. Let’s bang out 5 quick ways to relieve stress and get back on track:
1. Aromatherapy: The section of your brain that processes scent is close to the area that controls your emotions. Put a few drops of essential oils onto your wrists. Lavender, Orange, Lemon and Rose are great choices.
2. Write it down: Maybe don’t create a blog post but open up your word processor and write a paragraph of what is happening to cause you stress. Writing it down is a direct action you are taking to address an issue. It may not solve the problem, but having a chance to read it, in your own words might help.
3. Take a walk: exercise in general helps mood with the release of hormones. Increased heart rate brings blood to the brain and needed nutrients. Walking means you are moving, potentially, AWAY from the stress source. This also allows you to retain a personal moment.
4. Laugh: Easy for you to say Karac. No really find some stupid jokes and repeat them in your head. Here are a few:
Karac Avalron’s full proof pick up line: “Is your name Wi-Fi? because I am definitely feeling the connection”
Joke: “what did the elephant say to the naked man?” “How do you breathe through that tiny thing?”
Witticism: “Don’t trust atoms, they make up everything”
5. Repeat your mantra: An old technique for getting through tough spots is to repeat something you find inspirational. Maybe it’s a quote maybe it’s something you heard as a kid and always said. A Mantra is a word or saying that helps you focus, it can be anything that you want, it’s the repetition and the positive emotional association you have to it that is the benefit.
Example: My Father used to say all the time “It’s never the wrong time to do the right thing”
Remember in the moment things often seem horrible, you will get through it. Hang in there, one day at a time.