In my ongoing journey through anxiety I have come across many different things. One of those things are jokes. Now these are meant to be funny, if you have anxiety, my hope is you see these and smile. If it upsets you that was not my intent, I think if we can laugh at ourselves a little bit, things become a touch easier.
Here are 5 jokes/quips I have found in my travels that made me lol a little bit
- I have generalized anxiety disorder, but it sucks because it affects me specifically.
- What exactly is a serious mental illness? As opposed to those what? Carefree, happy go lucky ones?
- I’m as anxious as a one-eyed cat watching two rat holes.
- Claustrophobic people are more productive thinking out of the box.
- My girlfriend left me because she couldn’t handle my OCD. I told her to close the door five times on her way out.
I know some of these are really stupid but I still LOL. Maybe this is a sign I’m in a better place with my anxiety. I don’t know, I hope from time to time in your journey with anxiety you can laugh about it. It’s not a joke, but we do what we can to get through the day. Sometimes a stupid joke can carry the day !